Skip to content | Skip to navigation
- Now let us look at the tactics being used by both sides. Pakistan cannot annex Kashmir thru military action because India has a superior conventional force. That's why it is using terrorism. Defending against this terrorism has cost India Rs 46,000 crores!! That's US$10 billion, a sizable chunk of change for a country with a $350 billion GNP. On the other hand, the cost to Pakistan of inflicting this terrorism is minuscule. Continuing on the current course is obviously advantageous to Pakistan, and unsustainable for India.
- There are over 100 terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan, dedicated to jihad in Kashmir. India could overrun Pakistan in a week and destroy all of them, for far less than Rs 46,000 crores. But it can't do that because Pakistan has had a nuclear deterrent since 1990.
- India has two options. Either it can attack the terrorist camps and dare Pakistan to use its nuclear arsenal, or it can pay Pakistan back in kind. It can create a force of 100,000 commandos and unleash them on Pakistan, minus an Indian army uniform.
- Those looking for peace in South Asia need to understand that as long as Pakistan has military parity with India, it will continue to aggress, if not for Kashmir, then for some other reason. Peace has a much better chance if India has unquestioned military superiority over Pakistan.
- This is akin to the Arab-Israeli situation. There exists a tenuous peace, if you can call it that, because Israel has a clear military superiority over the Arabs. If, on the other hand, the Arabs had military superiority, or even parity for that matter, there would be immediate all out war.
Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye opener.
But keep in mind that the only difference between us and them is the fact that when they get a nuclear device they will use it.
Alright, then there is no difference because you claim to use it FIRST.
We show restraint because we are smarter then they are. We value life, they don't.
Using nuces is what you call value life?
Even if "they" (cant stand this evil-terrorists-bla anymore) use it first, there's absolutely no need to go down to "their" level of brutality and contempt of life. Thinking, smartness, intelligence and the ability to compromise are the strong points of humanity. To fight fire with fire is mere darkage thinking. We should be able to leave that behind and by that show "them" the absurdism of "their" deeds. Why dont "they" stop? Because its always the same: revenge for revenge for revenge. Killing any single guy in the name of the US brings 10 more children to their side. Its a fatal mistake to think you could extinguish their believes by killing them. On the contrary: it just confirms their believes, it confirms their distorted (?) picture of the US.
Serious question, Frank: did you ever listened to what they said? Do you actually KNOW why they keep attacking the US, why they hate the US? Did you ever try to see it from their point of view? Make no mistke, I'm not at all sympathizing with any of those deeds. But maybe just listening and checking out the shades of truth in it might be a first step.
Massmurder is never right, not even as an answer to any whatsoever cruel act of violence. And if we're so smart as you said, Frank, we dont need that!
After decades of construction my website is finally up an running: www.kkds.de